In this economy, it can be difficult to budget a new gauging system. This is why AIS Gauging offers system refurbishment services for most types of OEM scanners and sensors. AIS Personnel will arrive onsite and evaluate the condition of your equipment and provide you with a proposal on refurbishing that equipment to like new condition.
Our refurbishment servies include:
- Complete disassembly and cleaning of components.
- Painting services if required, using an industrial epoxy coating.
- Way bar replacement and alignment.
- We can supply new frame rails to replace worn or damaged rails as well as new rails for extending a frame for machine changes.
- New wiring and cable-carriers.
- New bearings, belts, pulleys, and shafts as needed.
- Sensors can be inspected and components replaced as required.
- AIS builds our own detector amplifiers as well as Ion Chamber assemblies that will fit in most types of OEM sensors. This can replace failed or hard to find ION Chambers such as Ohmart, NDC, and LFE brands.
On the top is an original ION Chamber from an LFE Detector head. This part is no longer made, and was replaced with an AIS detector retrofit shown under the image. The detector electronics were replaced with an AIS amplifier and power-supply module as part of an upgrade package.
At the bottom left is an Ohmart OD-150 frame that had damaged frame rails. AIS replaced these rails and repainted the rest of the components to match. The frame on the bottom right is the end result and includes our advanced ATLAS X-Ray sensor that replaced an AM-241 isotope sensor.